A global network of move-in-ready apartments for a month, a year, or longer.
Homez offers its customers a safe, hassle-free way to rent gorgeous furnished apartments in the world’s most vibrant cities. With Homez, renting an apartment takes less than a minute, transforming a complex offline process into a streamlined digital one.
Homez is not a listing site. We handpick, furnish, and maintain each property ourselves, providing our residents with a consistently excellent experience. Ordering services such as groceries or cleaning can be done easily via the Homez app, and when a human touch is needed, our support team is always a tap away.
As a key member of the Homez finance team, you are a data-driven, strategic and analytical thinker, with a strong understanding of accounting and financial measures. Homez’s finance team assumes end-to-end responsibility - from ensuring that we comply with all tax regulations and business obligations to planning and constructing the needed infrastructure to support the company's extensive growth. This role will report to the CFO.
In this role you will
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Prepare the annual statutory financial statements and tax returns.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process.
- Consolidate entities from multiple countries and prepare financial statements (including transfer pricing, fx, and intercompany reconciliations).
- Cash flow management and payments to suppliers.
- Responsible for revenue recognition accuracy and completeness on a monthly basis.
- Support business initiatives through financial analysis, reports, and recommendations.
- Work closely with the external auditors during the annual audit.
- CPA certification.
- At least 4 years of experience in a “Big 4” accounting firm or hi-tech finance department.
- Prior experience working as a controller in a global company or real estate company.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with NetSuite - advantage.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment which requires multi-tasking, prioritizing, and meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work in a global organization with multiple currencies and foreign teams.
- Strong English skills - both in writing and verbal.
- True team player, collaborative in nature.